My ex-spouse has had an increase in income. Can I get them to pay more in child support?

Short answer? Yes.

Longer answer? It depends – most of the time if an ex is making quite a bit more than they were when your original child support order was entered and there haven’t been any significant changes to your income, then yes, a higher support amount is probably likely. However, the income of the parties is not the only factor that goes into calculating child support – things such as health insurance and child care costs, other children being supported, court-ordered marital debt payments, and the number of overnight visits that your ex gets with your child all play a role in calculating the final amount of child support to be paid.

If you would like to have a detailed assessment of your child support matter, give Naidu Law a call at (405) 792-2400 to schedule a consultation.